Monday, May 14, 2012

More than we can imagine

Ephesians 3:20 God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine! This verse was in my devotions last night...and it is one of my favorites. It stayed on the chalkboard in our last home for quite a while. I am good at trying to control things...and that limits God. I believe that is why he has allowed some of the things in our lives that I had no control over, couldn't fix myself, and were too big for me. I have learned that our God can and will do amazing things when I surrender to Him. Although the results may not be what little me wanted...knowing they are the plan of the God who created this universe...there is peace in that.

Mothers Day, we were blessed to attend church at Remembrance Reformed and witness the re-dedication of the children of our friends Jack and Ellen. Ellen has battled cancer for 3 years and has recently had to stop chemo treatments. Her children are 5 and 7. She is an inspiration for me. While many of us get caught up in planning our future....Ellen lives for each day and she lives it to the fullest. Her faith shines so brightly in the love she has for her family and others and the way she walks through each trial she has faced. She once again has encouraged me to live for what matters and to thank God for each day we have here because we do not know what tomorrow holds. Love you Ellen.
 Komen Race 2011
2010

This week Saturday we will be having a
Car Wash/Bake Sale
 and I think there might be Ugandan paper
  bead necklaces for sale too! We are
  incredibly blessed to have a team of friends
 and family who are organizing this event!
    Click the following link for info:

Kerkstra Precast in grandville has generously offered a 5,000 dollar match for this event! Can a car wash/bake sale meet this goal?.......with a God who can do Immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine...YES! 




Love, Michelle




No comments: