Sunday, June 17, 2012

Abba Father

Children.  Gifts from above.  Joys and challenges.  Being a father has been a growing experience for me.  From the day we placed our first born son Trayton David in the grave on our first wedding anniversary in Baby Land at the Georgetown Cemetery to scooping up a little Ethiopian princess into my arms at the orphanage in Addis Ababba, Ethiopia God has shown His Fatherly love.  How God has made each one so different, so special.   My own Dad had a hard time seeing us grow up.  I think I'm beginning to understand why he felt that way.  There is something special about hearing, "Daddy, I love you..."  As we follow God's call to serve Him in another country far away it isn't just Michelle and I that are going, it's all of us.  Our children have been a source of joy for me.  They willingly gave up their house, their neighborhood and friends, most of their toys, little league, their bedrooms, all 4 of them sleep in bunk beds in the same room.  Why? because they trust us and they trust their Heavenly Father.  I can learn so much from them.  I love them all so much.


As I reflect on this Father's Day, I think of the country where we are heading to serve, Uganda.  So many children don't know what a Daddy is.  They have no one to provide for them.  They have no one to give them a good night kiss.  They have no one to teach them about Daniel and the Lions Den and how Jesus died for their sins on the cross.  They have no one to teach them how to shave or how to treat a lady.  They have no one...    These orphan children have no one and need to know they have a Heavenly Father that will love them more completely than any earthly Father would have been able to...unconditionally.   I feel privileged to be able to share this in Uganda.  Thanks Dad for loving me, providing for me, encouraging me, teaching me about respect and for pointing me to my Father in Heaven.  


~ Chris (aka Daddy)


"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."  John 14:18

No comments: